Top Strapless Bras for Large Breasts & How To Find The Right Size For You
Strapless bras are a beautiful innovation. They offer all the support and style of a traditional bra while letting you wear sleeveless tops and dresses without the hassle of trying to hide your bra straps.
Unfortunately, those with larger chestsstruggle to find a strapless bra that fits right. At ThirdLove, we believe that every woman deserves a bra she loves. That’s why we’ve put together this guide to finding the perfect strapless bra for your body.
What should I look for when shopping for strapless bras for large busts?
Consider the following factors when shopping for a strapless bra for large breasts. Each factor will play a role in how the strapless bra fits and feels.
- Type or style: There are numerous types and styles of big-bust strapless bras. A few common options include backless, push-up, plunging, and smoothing. Choose whichever type best meets your needs and preferences.
- Material: It’s important for your new bra to be made from comfortable and durable materials. Popular strapless bra materials include microfiber, cotton, spandex, nylon, and silicone. We recommend trying on a few bras made from different materials to see which ones feel best on your skin.
- Band: A strapless bra for big boobs should have wider bands. This lends your breasts additional support and helps ensure the bra won’t slip off. Also, multi-way straps are a nice perk for even more versatility.
- No-slip grips: The vast majority of strapless bras feature no-slip grips. These are made from an adhesive material and run along the bra’s seams. They ensure the bra stays in place so you aren’t having to adjust all the time.
How should a strapless bra fit?
Your new strapless bra should be comfortable, supportive, and secure. Look for these features in your next bra to ensure it fits well:
- No slipping down
- No underwire digging into your skin
- Both breasts secure in their respective cups
- Band fits snugly around you but isn’t restrictive
How To Measure Your Bust Size
To measure your bust size, you will need a soft tape measure. Take two different measurements: your band size and your bust size.
While wearing a non-padded bra, wrap the tape measure around yourself, just beneath your breasts. This is where the band of the bra would sit. Write down the number in inches, rounding up to the next whole number. If the number is even, add two inches to the number. If it’s odd, add three inches. This final number is your bra band size.
Wrap the tape measure around your bust at the fullest point, which is usually right at the nipple. Write down the number in inches, rounding up to the next whole number. To discover your cup size, subtract the final band measurement from the bust measurement. This number corresponds to a certain cup size on Third Love’s sizing chart:
- 0 is AA cup
- 1 is A cup
- 2 is B cup
- 3 is C cup
- 4 is D cup
- And so on
Features of a perfect strapless bra
The best strapless bra for large busts will meet these criteria:
Your new strapless bra needs to be comfortable. After all, you’ll be wearing it through so many of life’s greatest moments.
To ensure the bra offers optimal comfort, look for these features:
- A soft material, such as cotton or microfiber
- A band that stays in place without being too tight
- No exposed underwire or underwire that digs into your skin
Of course, getting the right size is crucial to your comfort in the long run. If you're unsure of your size, take our Fitting Room Quiz.
Make sure the strapless bra you buy adequately supports your large breasts.
The number one thing to consider here is the band, which does most of the supporting work. It should be wider than the typical bra band in order to offer the most support.
You’ll also want to ensure the bra has adequate grip. Since your new bra will be strapless, it should have some kind of silicone or rubberized grips to hold it up.
As with any bra, you’ll want your strapless bra to last. Depending on how much you wear it, your strapless bra should be replaced every year or so to ensure the best fit and support.
Opt for higher-quality bras with good stitching, quality seams, and durable materials such as polyester, nylon, or spandex.
Find the best-fitting strapless bra for larger breasts
The best strapless bra for large breasts is one that fits well and looks amazing. To reiterate, here are some features to look for before buying:
- Correct size
- Rubber or silicone grips
- Wide band
- Comfortable and durable material
- High-quality design