The Take Back Bag
The Take Back Bag
The Take Back Bag is here to start a circular revolution and end fashion waste. Here’s what to do: order a Take Back Bag, clean out your closet, and send us your filled bag. You'll earn $20 in ThirdLove credit towards your next purchase for every Take Back Bag you ordered. Color/style may vary from product shown.
What’s the impact of the Take Back Bag?
- Each Take Back Bag saves 1596 gallons of water, 151 pounds of CO2 emissions, and 15 pounds of fashion waste from landfill.
- So far, For Days has saved 3M pounds of clothing from landfill, 24 million pounds of C02, and 3.2 million gallons of water through its Take Back program.
What do you accept?
- We accept all apparel items and socks, underwear, sheets, pillow cases, towels, linens, shoes, and handbags in any condition. Ripped, torn or stained, your oldies will get a new life with the help of our recycling partners and be diverted from landfills.
How do you send it back
- Scan the QR code on your bag for shipping instructions. You will have the option to generate a USPS QR code or print a mailing label for drop off.
- The price of the Take Back Bag covers the shipping costs to you and sending your filled Take Back Bag back to us.
Why is it better to use a Take Back Bag than other donation options?
- 85% of ALL textiles end up in landfills and the average American throws away 80lbs of clothing a year. That includes resale, recycling, and donation efforts. If you send used items to For Days, they go through a sorting and grading process with our recycling partners to determine their next best life.
What happens to items sent back in the Take Back Bag?
- 90%+ of the items we take back have a second life.
- 74% of what we take back is sorted and graded for reuse.
- 15-22% of what we take back goes to fiber recycling: For items that don’t meet quality standards for reuse, we utilize fiber recycling technology to keep as much as possible in-use and out of the landfill.
- 5-10% of all Take Back Bag items are sadly, truly trash (think: plastic hangers), and sent to a responsibly managed landfill.
What is a ThirdLove credit and how do I redeem it?
- You'll earn $20 in ThirdLove credit for every Take Back Bag ordered. Credit(s) expire 1 year after activation and can be used on your next order on thirdlove.com.
- Scan the QR code on your bag to register it and to start the process of redeeming your $20 ThirdLove credit
Size & Fit
How much will it fit?
- The Take Back Bag fits 15 lbs of fashion waste and measures 24 in x 24 in.
Fabric & Care
What are they made of?
- Our Take Back Bags are the world's most sustainable polymailer. Made of 50% post-consumer recycled content, they are fully recyclable, and we recycle 100% of Take Back Bags that are sent back to us.
Shipping & Returns
We want you to be completely happy with your ThirdLove purchase. If you don't love it, exchanges and returns are free for 60 days. If something’s not right, we can help. Our Fit Experts are available via live chat, or email to answer any questions you might have. Our Returns & Exchanges Center makes it easy for you to locate your order and easily swap out the size and/or style.